Sunday 5 February 2012

Snow day

Today we've had 2 - 3 inches of snow so it was a great opportunity to try out the Moodd in these difficult conditions.

Overall I was pretty impressed with the way the Moodd coped. Initially we just headed into the back garden with it while DS1 built a snowman with his Dad. Going over uneven grass with snow it did nearly tip over once so it's not ideal over rougher terrain in snow, but that isn't a surprise.

After the snowman was built it was a trip down to the shops to see how it faired on the pavements. I was quite surprised how well it did. It didn't try and tip over once and was easy to push once I had locked off the front wheel. The front wheel seemed to make light work of the snow while the back wheels crushed down the snow in their path.

As a comparison we did pass someone with a Mothercare Spin (or it was the silver cross one that looks very similar) and they were having to drag their pushchair backwards on the back wheels only, and the child was being carried as they didn't seem able to cope with pushing it with them in.

All in all rather a successful trial in the snow. :-)

Daddy with his big snowball over the pram - Ewan couldn't be left out as it had been held over the rest of us by then.

Going back to old ground, the baby nest which has been rather a thorn in our side since we got it has really started to annoy me again. I just can't get DS2 in a position where his face isn't covered by the front panel unless I undo the button and find a way of holding down an extra fold in the fabric (today we used his arm after the 'weight' kept falling off which isn't ideal in this cold weather). It's getting to the stage where I am thinking twice about whether I use the Moodd or grab out my P+T with caccoon as it's something that I really don't like about the Moodd and that rather defeats the object of giving the Moodd as thorough test drive as I possibly can.

I'm seriously contemplating whether it's going to be worth investing in a carrycot so I can use the Moodd in my preferred way and avoid the baby nest. It's either that or taking the button off and adjusting it once (if not twice as he grows bigger) so the nest is of more use. Such a shame to be saying it, but I really would be quite cross if having forked out £600 for the pushchair I didn't feel comfortable using with the babynest due to babes face being covered by it all the time.

Store the strap

The other little niggle that has cropped up over the past few uses is the strap that holds the frame together. I love the addition of the strap as it does stop the frame from opening BUT I don't like the way it hangs when not in use. It got really wet today and it's a pain having to bend down to the ground to do it up so it doesn't drag on the floor. One thing that for me would make life better would be to put a clip on the round end of post that the strap is attached to. The strap could then be pulled up and tucked behind the clip out of the way. Stops it hanging, getting dirty or wet and needn't necessarily be done up to stop it from dragging a lot of the time.

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, there is a peice of velcro on the strap that should stop it dragging on the ground hun

    ReplyDelete