Wednesday 25 January 2012

More trips out

A couple trips out today. One to Mothercare to get a buggy board for the Moodd where we ended up having a chat about the Moodd as a pushchair with 4 members of staff including the manager. He was suitably impressed with the developments made over the Buzz having given it a quick push round the store.  It's certainly easier to get in and out of the car with the strap to hold it together.
We have had it in parent facing mode today which I like more with a newborn, though I'm still not that impressed with the fit in the baby nest. Ewans head doesn't sit in the headhugger properly so logic suggests that he needs to be moved up (which would solve the problem of the front covering him up) yet because of where the straps are located I can't yet see anyway to move him up without the straps having to go halfway up his back to go over the top of his shoulders which is not good.
One day when either hubby or I have time we'll investigate whether there are any options for strap positioning (don't remember there being any when we unpacked it) and baby position.


Our other trip was to pick up elder son from nursery which gave us a great opportunity to test it on our 'fun' road and across the grass in the park. It coped really well with the dodgy pavement. It's so bad as all the trees are quite old and the roots are so large they are pulling up the pavement next to them so you have to go up and over the roots, and it's generally very uneven. It's not necessarily a 100% 'smooth' ride but it moved easily at the different angles needed and didn't get caught once which was great.

The grass in the park was a different matter. It's not very long at the moment and was very muddy, but the going got a lot harder (as it would with most pushchairs). I haven't walked over ground like that with a pushchair for quite a while so can't easily compare it to anything so suffice to say it was tougher going and I did admit defeat and hand pushchair over to hubby to get it to where we needed. This isn't normal for me but I will give myself a break considering I haven't walked more than 100mtrs without crutches in nearly 4 months. As my muscle strength returns I'll look forward to making mincemeat of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment