Friday 13 January 2012

Nearly time for my Moodd to change!

Happy New Year!

It's the middle of January, the Yezz has hit the shops (comments I've seen so far seem positive) and the Moodd is starting it's way there now!
I've gone for the Blue Reflection which will hopefully arrive in this country next week so I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Quite useful for me as still trying to sort some of the house out ready for the fun of having toys and gear around for 2 children rather than 1.

If you're itching for an advance look there's now an intro video that Quinny have posted on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll1eABAsL7g&list=UUq_TW6Qh7tciu1IuKLynsFQ&index=1&feature=plcp


I'm really looking forward to giving the Moodd a good workout once baba mc 2 arrives. My Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix is down from the loft and raring to go. It's such a bonus that it's a full travel system (if you have the extras) as I do love the flexibility travel systems offer. On the other hand I'm pretty sure we're not getting the carry cot to test as it's not part of the core Moodd package so it will be interesting to try it out without that option. This means I'll be relying on the layflat option of the seat and the baby nest which is provided with the UK version, and the car seat where it's potentially appropriate or necessary to use it.

At the other end of the scale, my 3 yr old still wants and needs to use a pushchair at times - the way he ran off in a shop today strongly reminded me that he's not ready to be a dutiful walk by my side son yet!!! :-)  He is currently around 17kg so above the weight 'limit' set on the Moodd (yet under that of the Buzz). It's becoming rather a bugbear of mine that so many pushchairs are not being tested and approved to higher weight limits and it's disappointing that Quinny have decided not to get the validation up to the higher weight to match the Buzz. If I was choosing a pushchair it would be one thing that would push me towards the Buzz rather than the Moodd.

Having seen the Moodd in the video it does remind me more and more of an upmarket Buzz, and having owned a Buzz in the past it will be interesting to compare the two, along with the comparisons I'm sure I'll end up making with the Phil and Teds Verve that we got for our double pushchair, and the Baby Jogger City Mini that we've had for a couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment